What do they say; good things come in small packages?
Our tiny three cylinder, 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine was introduced last year, and was designed and developed at our Dunton technical Centre, right here in the UK.
Since then, it’s gone on to win a multitude of awards, and is only the third engine ever built to scoop the ‘International Engine of the Year’ award twice in a row. The 1.0-litre EcoBoost accounted for 38 per-cent of all Ford UK sales in September, and, amazingly, 60 per-cent of people who drive it go on to buy it!
Did you know:
• It is small enough to fit on an A4 sheet of paper?
• The EcoBoost power band varies from 100ps, used in Ford products like the Fiesta and Focus, right up to the 200PS version used in our FF1 Formula Ford-based road car?
• The International Engine of the Year- winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost achieved the highest-ever score in the award’s history?
• The 1.0-litre EcoBoost is currently available in five Ford vehicles in the UK?
• The 1.0-litre EcoBoost is now available with a six-speed PowerShift gearbox?
We hosted a live Q&A session on our Facebook page earlier this year, and there will be another one to come in the near future.